Sunday, January 17, 2010

I Love You As Much...


written by Laura Krauss Melmed
illustrated by Henri Sorensen
Lathrop, Lee and Shepard Books, 1993
Genre: Children Fiction; picture book
Reading Level: Ages 3 to 5
19 pages

I Love You As Much... is a short picture book about how much a mother loves her child. The book on every page has a different animal mother telling her child how much she loves him/her compared to something in their habitat. For example, on the first page it shows a horse and her calf, playing in a pasture, and it reads, "Said the mother horse to her child, I love you as much as a warm summer breeze." It covers horses, bears, camels, geese, and several other animals, that the children will love looking at. It ends with a human mother holding her infant and saying that she loves him/her "as much as a mother can love."

I would recommend this book to any parent to teach their child about animals and about love. I'm twenty and it warmed my heart, and made me miss my mom. :)

I don't feel like this book would cause any problems/conflicts that I am aware of.

I really enjoyed this book, it's obviously meant for a young child. While the little lines on each page are sweet and creative, it was really the illustrations that attracted me to this book. They are detailed and really amazing. It really makes the different animals stand out and adds so much to the short story.

My rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment