Thursday, March 25, 2010

Are You My Rabbit?


Written by Julie Vogel
Illustrated by Matthew Williams
ABDO Publishing Group: Magic Wagon, 2009
Genre: Children's Nonfiction
Reading Level: ages 4-8
32 pages

Are You My Rabbit is a children's book about rabbits as pets. Each page has a question, an answer, a picture depicting the writing, and an interesting fact. It starts out asking the question, "Is a rabbit the right pet for me?" It describes a rabbit and says that if it sounds appealing to the reader then a rabbit is the pet for them. Then it answers several questions about choosing a rabbit; should it be big or small, what kind of rabbit is best, and how old should it be? Then it moves into answering questions about what a rabbit needs, food wise, care wise, how to teach it, and how to keep it safe. Lastly it answers the question, "How do I stay safe?"

I would recommend this book to any child who is ready for a pet and trying to decide which kind to get, especially if they're seriously considering a rabbit.

I can see no controversy that could come from this book.

I thought this book was entertaining for children, and informational. It's easy to understand and really teaches the reader a lot. It is very simple, but definitely perfect for a child wanting a rabbit.

My rating: 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment